Friday, September 23, 2011

eBid versus eBay

According to Wikipedia.com, eBid has been around as long as eBay (since 1998).  Why am I just learning about the site and why hasn't the site gained as much popularity and traffic as eBay in the areas of doll buying and selling?

Last week, I added an eBay listing to my "watch" list.  I received a notification from eBay that the auction would be ending in a few hours.  I ignored the warning, thinking, "I don't need that doll."  After the auction ended, I remembered why I wanted it.  Since the auction ended without any bids, I contacted the seller twice and asked if s/he had plans to relist.  The seller failed to reply, twice.

Still wanting the doll, I decided to Google its name tonight.  I located it on eBid in a buy it now auction for half the price the eBay seller asked.  So, I became a registered eBid user and bought it now.

Now the reason I am posting this information here is because eBid's selling features are very enticing.  Perhaps, in addition to this blog (whenever I get the items categorized) eBid can be a source for online selling.  For those who may be in the same downsizing mode, I thought I'd share what I've learned thus far about eBid. 

To register as an eBid buyer is free and currently, new registered eBid buyers can immediately upgrade their accounts to Seller or Seller+.  The Seller upgrade is free but there are limitations as well as a 3% final value fee (fvf) for sold items (still less than eBay 8% fvf).  Seller+ is subscription-fee based, which can be purchased in nominal weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual increments.  The Seller+ subscription also has a lifetime option, which can be purchased for a one-time fee of $74.99.  If upgrading to Seller+ Lifetime within 24 hours of registering as a buyer, the lifetime subscription is $49.49. 

With an eBid Seller+ Lifetime subscription, all listings are free and there is no final value fee assessed on sold items.   So essentially for $49.49 or $74.99, depending on when you upgrade, all selling on eBid is free for Seller+ users.  (There may be some nickel and diming of sellers that I haven't discovered, but the basic selling features are free for a lifetime.)  In addition to the other advantages of eBid's Seller+ Lifetime subscription, these subscribers receive 5 free eBid stores.

For more information about eBid click here and here to register.  If you are a registered eBid seller, please share your experience with the site.

dbg

No comments:

Post a Comment