Sunday, June 24, 2012

Word Verification - Modified Repost From BDC

In the past week or more, Blogger's spam protection measures have detected several spam comments.  These start out with a generic praise, written by "Anonymous" users, and always conclude with a link to a non-doll related web site.   The most recent one, received a few days ago (minus the web site link) is shown below:

Hello it's me, I am also visiting this web page on a regular basis, this website is genuinely pleasant and the visitors are genuinely sharing pleasant thoughts. Also see my website:
"It's me"?  (Do I know you?  No, I do not, you're commenting anonymously!). 


Short of moderating all comments before they are published, word verification, which had been turned off, is now back on and my blogs no longer accept Anonymous comments.   Comments to post older than 14 days have always been and remain moderated. 

Valid comments regarding posts I publish are very important and encouraging.  So sad it has to come to this, and I hesitate to ban valid "Anonymous" commenters, but future comments on this blog will only be accepted from registered users.

No comments:

Post a Comment